Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Documents, documents, documents

As promised, I am going to keep you updated on the goings on with my journey to South Korea...  here's what has been happening lately:

To actually get to South Korea apparently one needs all sorts of documents, and then when you have those documents you have to get them signed by importnat people, who then pass them on to other people to have them stamped and signed, and round and round it goes.  The stage I am at now is that I have to send some of my documents to the South Korean consulate in Vancouver, BC for the Korean government to put their stamp of approval on my degree and my criminal records check.  When they return that to me, I send my entire package of things to my recruiter in South Korea, who then helps me get my VISA and books my flight.  Last night when talking to her she informed me that if all goes well with the consulate I will probably have my flight booked to South Korea sometime September 13-17.

So there is a good possibility that I will be in South Korea in less than three weeks from now!  Of course, that's being a bit optimistic, but the fact that this is actually happening, and soon nonetheless, is so very exciting to me.  For those of you who know me well, patience has never been a virtue I readily possess.  With that in mind, and the decision made to go, I just want to hop on a plane! 

While we are waiting for me to actually get to Korea and tell you all sorts of wonderful things of my time there, how about we learn a bit of where I will be living for at least a year of my life?  I will live in the city of Osan, South Korea, approximately 35 km south of Seoul (the capital city).  And Osan is famous for one of the largest markets in South Korea, open since 1792 (thank you Wikipedia...).
This is a photo of mudfish soup with plain noodles at a restaurant in Osan... just a little bit of a teaser of some of the food I will be eating (but probably photographed better than I can).

Hope you enjoy my little teaching corner on Osan.  Keep checking the blog for updates as they come!  I'll make sure to keep it as updated as I can!  And again, I'm sure things will become even more exciting when I actually go (and can take my own photos)!

Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds like a fabulous time for You! This is a HUGE world! I am so excited for You! Your life will never be the same!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete