Sunday, July 3, 2011

O Canada

It's a couple days after Canada Day (at least in Korea time), and also a couple days after my grandmother's birthday!  I guess it seems an appropriate week to have officially turned in my resignation to the English Center at Samsan Elementary School in Boeun, Chungbuk, South Korea.  For the most part, I'm sure this information is not new, but perhaps the reason is.

Being in Korea has been a great adventure.  I feel like I have grown so much amongst the challenges and experiences.  I have discovered aspects of myself I didn't know were there, I have developed a bit of a travel bug, and I feel like I have grown in my faith in a really powerful way too.  I definitely appreciate the friendships I have made here as well.

But at the end of the day, the path that I feel God has placed me on means that I need to finish my education at seminary.  So I am going home to finish my Masters of Divinity in preparation for ministry.  This means that I need to leave Korea a little earlier than my contract indicates so that I can start with the beginning of the semester.

So I board a plane on August 2, and arrive home on August 2!  I'm nervous yet incredibly excited about the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment